Loan Operations Specialist
The Loan Operations Specialist works within a team environment and provides direct support to the Lenders, Portfolio Managers and customers while meeting all regulatory requirements. Assist in the loan process by verifying information in all loan files, ordering documents needed to complete the files, updating information on the computer system in accordance with the company’s policy and procedures and compliance with pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Manage pipeline daily to ensure closings are met as scheduled.
- Reviews incoming documents to assure complete, accurate information and update information on computer system. Requests and verifies accuracy of incoming data and coordinates any problems/discrepancies with borrowers and loan originators.
- Prepares verification forms for income, deposits and rent for mail, fax or telephone as requested.
- Reviews and resolves underwriting and closing requirements. Updates LOS based on loan decision made by underwriter.
- Completes final loan documents for closing, prepare and review closing documents and ensure accuracy with title company documents.
- Prepares application/earlies disclosures per loan request from officer.
- Works with 3rd party vendors; appraisers, title companies, insurance agencies.
- Responsible for maintaining compliance within each loan.
- Assist customers with answering questions about products and services and forward to appropriate department for resolution ensuring quality customer service is provided.
- Receives and follows up on outstanding documentation after closing. Assist with HMDA and 1098 reporting and final document tracking as needed.
- Releases titles as needed.
- Filing documents for all loans.
- Interacts with customers to answer questions on loan qualification process as needed and promotes all services available at the company.
- Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
DESIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Previous banking experience (2+ years) is a plus but not required.
- High school degree or GED required.
- Has experience with different types of loans, including vehicle, Commercial requirements.
- Basic analytical and mathematical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to perform job functions independently or with limited supervision and work effectively either on own or as part of a team.
- Must be able to read and carry out various instructions and follow oral instructions.
- Must be able to speak clearly and deliver information in a logical and understandable sequence.
- Must be capable of dealing calmly and professionally with numerous different personalities from diverse cultures at various levels within and outside of the organization and demonstrate highest levels of customer service and discretion when dealing with the public.
- Must be able to perform responsibilities with composure under the stress of deadlines/requirements for extreme accuracy and quality and/or fast pace.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple, simultaneous, and changing priorities.
- Must be capable of exercising highest level of discretion on both internal and external confidential matters.
BSB offers a competitive starting wage, with pay starting commensurate with previous experience and salary history. We value work life balance and offer robust paid time off benefits that include paid vacation, sick, personal time, volunteer and maternity to name a few. We also value longevity with our employees and offer a retirement plan that allows for employees to participate in planning for a secure financial future in retirement.
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org; Bennington State Bank, 2130 S. Ohio, Salina KS 67401