Primarily, this position will serve as a loan analyst for various lenders. This will include loan analysis, preparing the credit analysis on loans presented to the loan committee, performing the annual reviews of credits and performing internal appraisal reviews. Prepares commercial Credit Memo loan write ups and summaries along with recommendations to loan officers and loan committees.
- Review appraisals and complete in house evaluations on a daily basis.
- Perform detailed and technical reviews of real estate appraisals to ensure compliance with regulations and to protect the bank from loss.
- Conduct special appraisal reviews on loans based on key risk indicators or as directed by management.
- Participate in portfolio review committees or other meetings as needed to discuss risks related to specific loans.
- Complete a thorough, in-depth analysis of new credit requests, credit change requests, renewals and annual relationship reviews.
- Recommend risk rating changes when analysis merits.
- Deliver meaningful, detailed credit analysis while providing efficient, timely service to loan officers.
- Report to the Chief Credit Officer findings that may have an adverse effect on loan collateral or a borrower’s ability to repay the loan.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies and procedures and identify exceptions to policy.
- Work with lenders and customers to complete loan package requirement.
- Ensure that all credit files are complete, identify any documentation deficiencies, and report to loan officer and credit administration as needed for timely resolution.
- Review loan files as needed to ensure quality, consistency and compliance with lending guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or other business-related fields or two years of strong quantitative experience
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and general computer use
- Ability to effectively manage competing deadlines for projects in a high-pressure work environment, with varying degrees of supervision
- Strong attention to detail and ability to notice discrepancies in data
- Impeccable understanding of financial statements, ratios, and concepts
- Travel time up to 25% for appraisal review
BSB offers a competitive starting wage, with pay starting commensurate with previous experience and salary history. We value work life balance and offer robust paid time off benefits that include paid vacation, sick, personal time, volunteer and maternity to name a few. We also value longevity with our employees and offer a retirement plan that allows for employees to participate in planning for a secure financial future in retirement.
Send resumes to email@example.com; Bennington State Bank, 2130 S. Ohio, Salina KS 67401