Primarily this position completes in house evaluations and evaluates the reasonableness of real estate appraisal reports to review them for compliance with Bank policy standards and external regulations. Analyze specific markets or property types to report on current market conditions and/or to forecast trends in real estate markets.
- Understand and manage appraisal ordering and review processes.
- Prepare narrative appraisal review reports in compliance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) Standards 3 & 4 and the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines.
- Complete in house evaluations and review appraisals on a daily basis.
- Work closely with both internal partners as well as external appraisers.
- Work closely with the Chief Credit Officer in order to ensure quality and compliance.
- Maintain consistent work production and ensure policies and guidelines are being followed.
- ANALYTICAL THINKING: Approach a problem logically, systematically, and sequentially.
- FORWARD THINKING: Anticipate the implications and consequences of situations, take appropriate actions, and prepare for possible contingencies.
- ORGANIZATION: Efficient to handle multiple requests and prioritize your work.
- SOLID COMMUNICATOR: Expresses ideas concisely, speaks clearly, and can easily be understood.
- TECH SAVVY: Proficiencies to learn our systems, processes, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of federal banking regulation related to real estate lending practices and appraisal requirements
- Possess a working knowledge of FIRREA and the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluations Guidelines.
- Excellent teamwork skills. Respect all colleagues, work to foster strong working relationships within and outside of the department. Be willing to engage dialogue around critical issues in the spirit of strengthening the department.
- Able to excel in an environment with multiple deadlines while producing high quality work product.
- Travel time 25% to complete appraisal reviews.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years lending or loan review experience with real estate exposure.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Certified General Appraiser Licensure
- Demonstrated experience in real estate appraisal or real estate appraisal review
- Possess a working knowledge of the Uniform Standards of Appraisal Practice (USPAP)
BSB offers a competitive starting wage, with pay starting commensurate with previous experience and salary history. We value work life balance and offer robust paid time off benefits that include paid vacation, sick, personal time, volunteer and maternity to name a few. We also value longevity with our employees and offer a retirement plan that allows for employees to participate in planning for a secure financial future in retirement.
Send resumes to email@example.com; Bennington State Bank, 2130 S. Ohio, Salina KS 67401